Wednesday, June 1, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 77

Coach
Campsite - Kirkridge Shelter: 23.0 mi
After four straight days of draining our Zero Day Account, we finally banked some mileage. However, it came with a lot of pain. It was some tough terrain to make up miles on. I am looking forward to sleeping. Hopefully the pain in my heels won't be so intense in the morning. On another positive note, we will be leaving the rocks of Pennsylvania behind us. Today, I have come to the realization that pain will be my other companion for the rest of the Trail. Also, I really dislike snakes. Yet another reason PA stinks. It is snake country and we saw another one today. There is nothing more a snake loves than a hot rock that has been baking in the sun all day. Just more evidence that the sun is crafty and out to get me any way it can. Forgot to mention only one good water source all day.

Professor
I woke up at 2:30 or 3 in the morning with a giant centipede or millipede on my neck. Wide awake after that one...

Long day today, paying for it now, I wonder about my feet. I have a weird bump on the bottom of each one on the pad of my foot before my toes. It feels like a pebble permanently attached in the middle of my foot.

Staying with Fosters and Youngin tonight. Also, sipping on the bourbon Manager Mike left. It is definitely making the night easier. I forgot to mention that Manager Mike had hard boiled eggs waiting for us at the U-Haul before he left yesterday. I can't tell you how much I crave hard boiled eggs, or even better, deviled eggs. I could house like 30!

Slang terms:
Cameling up = drinking lots of water at springs
Letting your guard down = The realization that the day will end...things start to hurt
Hurty = pain
Poison = bugspray
House = eat

No comments:

Post a Comment