Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 88, May 22

Coach
? - Kent, CT: 12.8 mi
- Very upset hikers @ 3am because shelter was full
-Professor and I parting ways for a little while (Sad Day)
I have determined that my ankle needs more recovery time. I am still managing to keep up, but it is painful and not fun. With the half day today, a full Zero Day tomorrow, and a late start Tuesday, I can give my ankle almost a full 48 hours of rest. I think and hope that will do the trick. However, this rest period will put me 21 miles behind the Professor. I hope to catch up with him around Dalton, if all goes well. It will no doubt be weird to hike alone, but I think it will be for the best.

Professor
Today we hiked into Kent. Ross came and picked up Coach for R&R on his sprained ankle. Laundry, icecream, beer, bed and back on the Trail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment