Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 89, May 23

Coach
Mystic, CT: 0mi
My friend, Ross, from Marine Maritime picked me up yesterday and let me stay with him while my ankle recovered. It was good to see him and hang out for a little while. Got to watch the HBO series The Pacific and eat sushi. It was a good time.

Professor
Kent, CT - Pine Swamp Brook Shelter: 16.9 mi
WOW THIS GUY WILL NOT BE QUIET. This is when you realize how nice it is to have two or more people hiking with you. That way when you meet weirdos you can tag team them so that all of the focus of the weirdo is not on you. This guy is really posted up at the shelter. I think he might be homeless, I can't tell if his "section hiker" story is true or not. I've actually had time to get dinner and get all ready for bed BEFORE dark. Awesome!... I just looked three mice in the fact. It seems they are nesting right next to my head. I can hear them. I hope it rains tonight. The shelter has a metal roof...that way I won't hear them run by my head. The guy in the shelter, I've discovered, is obsessed with killing mice. He's setting the traps out now...I went to go to the bathroom and stumbled across a dumpsite of those he has caught....

No comments:

Post a Comment