Thursday, June 23, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 107, June 10

Coach
Franconia Notch Visitor Center - Glencliff: 25.9mi
-Rough terrain
-Beautiful views
-Wrong turn = additional 3/4 mi
-Ate half a jar of peanut butter on Mt. Moosilauke
-Worried about ankle
-Mud Elephant's bday with some Wild Turkey

Professor
Corn beef hash, award winning maple syrup. Lesson: listen to guys with grey beards. Lost in the Whites. Found in the Whites. Marathon in the Whites. (almost 27 miles). Met some Southbounders, they were really skinny, I think Coach and I eat well. Pushing up a hill. Big push. Finally feeling strong. I think I'm finally getting into trail shape, I don't want to speak too soon though. The elevation and weather in the Whites are incredibly difficult. We worried Fat Chap, because we were a little later than "planned." We drank Wild Turkey with Mud Elephant, it was his birthday. Had frozen pizza and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment