Thursday, June 23, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 99, June 2

Coach
Stratton Mountain - Peru Peak Shelter: 23.9 mi
I was wondering when it was going to happen again and today coming off Bromley Mtn I reaggravated my ankle injury. The last couple miles were painful. We made the decision to take advantage of the fact that we had friends in the area. They agreed to come pick me up so my ankle could have time to recover. While I rest, the Professor will continue to hike, so he can stay on schedule. I will come back and slack pack this area after we finish.

Professor
We got off the mountain quick this morning. High winds and threat of a storm looming. It was cold. Colder than I've felt since Virginia. We pushed out for a while but Coach's ankle started hurting again and we had to pull up a shelter short of our goal. We've decided to separate again. He's going to pull off and get picked up by Rockstar and Britt, our friends from college. We are very lucky that they live in the area and can help us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment