Thursday, June 23, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 100, June 3

Coach
Peru Peak Shelter - Danby-Landgrove Rd, VT: 7.6mi
Once again, the Professor and I parted ways. It was very sad and I really hope the time off will allow me to finish this adventure with him. He continued on the Trail and hiked to the nearby town of Danby to get picked up by our friend Brittany. My ankle injury is really frustrating. I can still hike, but not the 20+ miles we need to cover a day. I guess time will tell.

Professor
On my own again...
Peru Peak Shelter - Governer Clement shelter: 29.1mi
Coach hiked the first 8 miles with me. Then I left him off at Danby-Landgrove Rd...3 miles outside of Danby, VT. It was odd Danby being where I spent some memorable times as a youth with my Uncle Billy. It was also odd to part ways at that road...Coach hobbling down a forest road, me disappearing back into the woods. I didn't like it. I hope the rest he gets this weekend will get him back in the game for good.

We woke up cold this morning, couldn't have been more than 45 degrees. Today was beautiful, lonely, and sad. 21 miles is a long way to think. As I get further North I find that I become more reflective. This has been such a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment