Wednesday, June 1, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 78, May 12

Coach
Kirkridge Shelter - Backpacker Campsite: 11.2mi
Finally OUT of PA, the worst state.
Stone bruises - not fun.
I never thought I would be happy to enter the state of New Jersey.

Professor
7 or so miles into Delaware Water Gap. Coach seems to have some sort of deep stone bruise on his right heel, pretty painful. Showered up at the church hostel. Double order of garlic knots (deep fried garlic bread shaped into little balls with marinara sauce for dipping) and a large pizza with pepperoni and ham - some of the best pizza we've had on the Trail yet. I guess we are starting to get to that part of the country).

HELLO NJ! We are finally finished with Pennsylvania. PA kicked our butts, I hope my feet slowly start to heal a little with easier terrain. I don't care about ups and downs anymore. I just don't want the rocks. The godforsaken rocks.

We are at a good campsite tonight watching the sunset off the ridge, I can hear the Interstate far below..

No comments:

Post a Comment