Thursday, June 23, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 101, June 4

Coach
Woodstock, VT: 0mi
Got to hang out and rest my ankle with Rockstar and Brittany.

Professor
Today I climbed over Killington. Trail was rough and rugged. It was a good climb to the top...an off season ski lodge stood quiet. It's cold up here. Makes me wonder about the Whites. My feet started hurting today in a very familiar way. My shoes are obviously breaking down. Went 14 miles to a road crossing where Rockstar, Brittany and Coach were supposed to meet me for lunch. I decided it was not worth risking the feet problem in hopes that my shoes had gotten to the Post Office. Unfortunately, they had not arrived. But Rockstar and Brittany offered to slack pack me the next day. So between being lonely and hurting it was impossible to resist the offer. Tonight I am staying at their house. We had porkchops, zucchini and squash. 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 roommates, Rockstar, Britt, Coach and me. Full House.

No comments:

Post a Comment