Friday, April 15, 2011

Update: Daleville, VA

Monday, April 11 and Tuesday, April 12, Coach and the Professor were lucky to have a Trail Angel. Madeline, from Roanoke, VA, writes:

....my kids and I had the opportunity to spend some time with the guys twice in the last 24hrs and let me just say those are two amazing! I brought them some little things, sunscreen (a day late for the back of their necks), aloe, bleach, buzzers (good bye curls), a scale (good bye all excess body fat) and of course dinner. We ran to the Post Office both last night and early this morning to get the packages and then bump them forward. Last night we went to a supply store where the Professor got new shoes (God please let them help his feet), and Coach got a new cooler sleeping bag. They shared their favorite parts of history with my 8 year-old Zabien and Coach stressed the importance of learning all the presidents and how all of history falls into place if you know who the president was. A summer project for sure! After the Post Office and shopping they enjoyed a large pasta dish, a huge salad from the Olive Garden and bread sticks followed by Easter baskets (my 4 year-old Lillian's idea). This morning it was back to the post office, then Kroger ($.99 cliff bars SWEET!), then back to the hotel. I left the guys in great spirits at about 9 this am they were getting ready to hit the trail.

Thank you, Madeline and family!! Coach and the Professor need all the help they can get.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you guys get to Western Mass and I would love to meet up and hike a day or two with you. If nothing else, I can bring you some good snacks. Keep up the work guys!

    Bachey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff. This is the Professor's wife, I update the blog for them. Let me know where you are exactly(or do they already know?) and I'll make sure they are aware of it! They love meeting up with people on the trail.

    ReplyDelete