Friday, April 8, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 25

Coach


No Business Shelter - Curley Maple Shelter


The resupply took 4hours today. However, about an hour of that was not our fault. The shower was amazing. The hostel had the best bathhouse I have seen out here. Met 3 thru-hikers, we had been trailing for several days. Got back on the trail about 1300. Stopped at the first shelter we came to. We decided to huddle up and make a new gameplan. Basically, we decided that to achieve our overall goal of reaching Damascus by Saturday, our bodies need some rest. This of course makes sense, when you realize that we traveled about 73mi in 3.5 days. So, I decided to supplement our food bags with extra protein bars, snickers, and cinnamon buns. The bags are huge now. I really need to lighten my base weight to start carrying more food. At the end of the night we had our strategy session, which I believe have been the key to our early success. It all hinges on Virginia.


Professor


Uncel Johnny's. Caught up to Diggit, Face, and Dust. Long hot showers. Resup- HEAVY. Feet killing me. Forced to reasses THE PLAN.


Dust-- Thru-hiker who carries a 2gallon jug of pink goo that he claims is pure protein. He also was the one who warned Coach and I about eating too much protein...

No comments:

Post a Comment