Monday, April 11, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 26

Coach

Curley Maple Shelter - Clyde Smith Shelter: 22mi


Shelter full of Spring Breakers, one gave us MRE milkshakes @ 460 calories a pop. Awesome. It was a pretty rough day and having to hike down a valley to the water source at the shelter really sucked. The last thing you want to do at the end of a 20+ mile day is hike down and then up a hill to get water. We did put our lessons to use and all in all the day was a success. However, I am starting to become seriously concerned about the Professor's feet. He is definitely in pain by the end of the day.

Professor

Early start, up at 5am. Feet feeling much better for the first part of the day. Ran into a Southbound hiker. Another round of Spring Breakers tonight. Feet started hurting really bad again by Mile 18 or so. Shoes breaking down. Blisters again. Bruises on pads of feet.


The pain is getting worse and I'm getting really worried. Rubbed my feet some more. Blisters on my heels are so bad I have to stuff my coat under my ankles so that when I sleep on my back my heels don't touch the ground, they can't take the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment