Monday, May 23, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 67

Coach

Alec Kennedy Shelter - Darlington Shelter: 18.2mi


Got a really slow start; we are really feeling fatigued. The push to Duncannon was quickly thrown out the window. It rained all day and even though we hiked through a lot of farmland the rain/muddy conditions combined with our fatigue made slow going. Since we didn't get to Duncannon, our food supply is really low. If I didn't do the 1/2 gallon challenge, I wouldn't have had any thing to eat for dinner. Basically, my dinner consisted of a packet of chicken with all the rest of my condiments combined with a packet of oatmeal. The Professor also gave me a spoonful of peanut butter. Breakfast will not be much more. Thanks to the Professor I will get to eat a packet of poptarts. I have also come to the conclusion that I don't want to ration food ever again.


Professor

Cumberland Valley, PA. 18.2 miles of farms, towns and small homesteads. It was saturated! Mud, mud, mud. Passed by the ATC Mid-Atlantic Regional Office. They were closed so we just sat on the front porch and watched people fish. Two black labs eagerly wait by their master's side while she casts a line into the trout pond. We weighed our packs on an old scale and after much deliberation over how off it was, we decided the base weight of our packs are almost right @ 15 lbs. Started raining; feeling the results of the Maryland Challenge. We were going to do 25 miles but pulled up short because of fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment