Monday, May 16, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 56

Coach
Black Rock Hut - Bear Fence Hut: 34.1mi
The day started at 5:00am after a restless night listening to the gigantic rat rummage around right underneath me all night. We hit the Trail at 6:00am. When we finally took lunch, we had hiked over 22 miles. The last part of the day was pretty painful. I did however try a new system of inserts that made the last part of the day more tolerable. Basically, I switched my inserts to an orthopaedic soft cushion that as you can imagine made a huge difference. During the last few miles of the day, when we were doubling back in search of water we ran into some people that once again gave us some food. At this point, I think we must really look like thru-hikers because people are giving us more food. You wouldn't believe the difference in your day or mood when you get to eat unexpectedly. I mean have certainly gone through long periods of hunger when I was dropping weight for wrestling, but what a difference knowing there that I could consume whatever I could get my hands on. Today was painful and I'm glad it is over. Tomorrow will be interesting as we try to go for 27 more miles.

Professor
34 miles. Tired. In no hurry to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment