Wednesday, May 4, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 51

Coach
John Hollow Shelter - Cow Camp Gap Shelter: 23.9 mi
Bald Knob (last 4 mi) was difficult. I don't really like breaking in new shoes.

Professor
Silently, we walked through a freed slave settlement in Virginia. With the breeze in the air, new leaves on the trees and the wild flowers, it was the kind of walk that you can walk forever. My right knee is getting worse, I think it's some sort of muscle strain, which I guess is better than something inside the joint. Tonight is going to be interesting, storms a brewin'. I think it's going to be a big one, a wild one. We'll see if we get any sleep, and hopefully the wind won't blow the rain into the shelter.

More trail magic- Two other dudes in the shelter hooked us up with an entire Mountain House meal and some tabasco sauce. Coach and I split it as an appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment