Tuesday, March 15, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 4

Coach
Low Gap Shelter - Tray Mountain Shelter: 15mi.

Trail Magic: Fanta and Honey Bun.
Passed 3 thru-hikers
Camped @ shelter with Ronin, Trident (beatnik type right out of the 50s), Norsewoman, Bueno and JJ.

I have decided if the Professor wasn't here I would have hiked myself to death. Today was another awesome day. The feet, especially the left one, was still painful, but we still made 15 mi. We experienced trail magic for the 1st time today. I have never been so happy to see and then consume a honey bun. Then, I found out it has 500 calories. I might just eat honey buns the rest of the trip. The sugar rush was awesome. The Professor was so full of emotions tears of joy came to his eyes. It was basically the best emotional rollercoater of my life with only the highs. We once again improved on our hydration supply.

Professor

Good day, took off before 8:00. Passed by several N.Bound hikers. Covered 15.0 miles today; it's supposed to have severe thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. Coach and I are going to get an early start.

People on the Trail:
Trident: Adjunct Professor of Poetry from Louisville, KY!! Lives on 4th street. First saw him on a cliff yodeling and listening to the echo.

No comments:

Post a Comment