Tuesday, March 15, 2011

From the Journals: DAY 2

Coach

Gooch Mountain Shelter - Blood Mountain Shelter: 13.2 mi.
We are on the trail by 8am. The Professor and I had a lengthy discussion/strategy session concerning the amount of water we carry. The fact that carrying 8lbs of water is a lot of extra weight means we talked about it every time we got water. You can really feel the difference. I am also glad that the Professor brought his seat pad it makes him very happy. He didn't bring it on the gear test and I basically heard about it for 2 days. The view from Blood Mountain was awesome. We arrived around 4pm, so we hung out on a rock in the sun and gave our feet and legs some tender love and care. It made all the difference in the world.

Professor

(morning) "My chocals are raw" said Ole Yeller. "They burned when I wiped them with my antibacterial wipes," he said, which described what I was thinking about my own chafe...

- Big rain last night

Hiked to Blood Mountain shelter, 13.2 miles today. Beautiful/Best views so far. The clouds are gone and the sun is beating down on me., warming my bones and drying my feet and socks. I spent extra time on my feet today. Foot maintenance, Coach and I have Pedicure time. Really phenomenal sunset!! I took several pictures of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment