Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life after...and final days

I'm sitting here with mine and coach's last journal entries somehow trying desperately to motivate myself to enter them into the blog...and finish this trip. Its difficult. I've been procrastinating, ignoring the task. I guess in some weird way it makes it all official. It makes it all officially over and that's a big pill to swallow. I don't want to admit its over, because, after all of the bitching and moaning, pain, cold, hot, wet, thirsty… as bad as I wanted to stop hiking and get off of the Appalachian Trail, I strangely want it all back. I feel trapped in an inescapable limbo of relief and yearning, and I am haunted by The Trail.

Inevitably, like the cliche it is, I must use the AT as a metaphor for life. And this life experience I am struggling through right now is one of many. I am going to push through no matter how painful, and share with you the last days of the Appalachian Trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment